Monday 20 February 2012

4th card from Cardmaking and Papercraft Magazine - Designer Challenge





Hiya everyone,

This is the 4th card from my first ever piece for Cardmaking and Papercraft magazine.

(To get more info on what the challenge was please see the original posts below)

Here I used a square of  the blue embossed whale paper diectly onto the card blank.  Onto this I attched a smaller square of the other blue paper at a jaunty angle.  I printed a star is born onto white card and I used a star template to get the sentiment as central as possible.  I then cut a square frame from plain blue card and attached the star and frame to the card with foam pads.
I used lots of 5mm adhesive clear gems to the outer edge of the star and added 2 of the star felt embellishments I was sent to the corners.  To finish, I added 2 diamantes to the other corners.

Again, quite a simple card but quite striking.  I used the sentiment "a star is born" as it worked with the embellishments and baby theme.

If you missed the other 3 cards you can view them below:-







Thanks for looking!

Paula. x

7 comments:

  1. Hi again Paula,
    You are right it is a simple card, simply sweet. It is, however, a card that will stand out on the mantle and isn't that what we are aiming for.
    Thank you for sharing with us.
    Have a fab week and I hope you are looking forward to your week in Windermere.
    Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huh this is gorgeous
    Hugs tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!!Simple & effective!!!
    Great work Pauline as ever!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A nice simple card Paula
    Pauline xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Paula, beautiful card,gorgeous!

    Big hugs Jo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another really gorgeous card Paula, love the sentiment and the layout
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very sweet card!!! Love all that bling on the star!! Thanks for your blog visit :)

    ReplyDelete